Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are delighted to report that we are open! While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we always follow in our practice to keep patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
In addition to our current and standard infection control practices, our team will be implementing the following additional measures and screening procedures for both patients and the team members, to ensure your health and safety.
- In reception, we have installed front desk acrylic barriers as an auxiliary safety measure for pre- and post-procedure.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will record your temperature using a no-contact infrared thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You may see that our reception area will temporarily not offer magazines, children’s toys and coffee, to minimize unnecessary contact.
- Every hour our team will complete a “disinfectant sweep” by disinfecting all door handles, desk areas, reception area furniture, and bathrooms with hospital level sanitizing wipes.
- We will record the temperature of every team member each day at the beginning of work period.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Payment arrangement will be collected in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- All our team members are equipped with the PPE required to protect both our patients and our team.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- We have installed HEPA 13 air filtration system for air management in treatment rooms to remove germs from circulating air.
- For those patients seeking an alternative to in-person visits, we will continue to provide teledentistry service - virtual appointments.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Viktoria Sverdlov and team